Before extracted data is fed into a dashboard's analytical engine, it must be clean and must pass the required integrity tests for accuracy, completeness, relevance and consistency.
Regardless of data volume and complexity level, we at Saibsolutions apply a rigorous data cleansing methodology that performs one or more of the following operations on input data depending upon the criticality level applied to each operation:
- Data is structured according to client defined data hierarchy and conventions
- Data is in placed in the correct cell, column and row as applicable
- Correct terminology and abbreviations are implemented to enhance data intelligence and remove confusion
- Duplications are identified and removed
- Figures and numbers are validated by aggregating granular data in a bottom up fashion
These steps ensure that input data is free from extraneous spaces, punctuation, symbols and code. We perform an initial data cleansing exercise to test data integrity and purge data of inaccuracies and inconsistencies. We have a dedicated team to support clients with real time data cleansing after performance dashboards are commissioned.
Saibsolutions data cleansing and categorisation capability is one of our key differentiators for procurement and supply chain professionals. We offer a compelling value proposition as we work through complex data sets, often unstructured and uncategorised to produce harmonised information ready to be used for important business decisions such as category sourcing, stock turn analysis and supplier score carding to name a few.